All about that...hair

Thursday, May 14, 2015


My hair is an animal. After years of roaming in the wild,probing in and out of its beast state, I was finally able to domesticate into what it is today. No joke I've had scrunched up mousse-invaded hair, blond, red, short, long and everything inbetween. 


I'm not the happiest with where it is right now (I'm in the process of growing out my last color job) because I want to go back to my natural hair color for a little bit. I am however content with the length and my ability to tame it. I have wavy, coarse, thick hair and I would like to share my routine of how I am able to keep it in check. Let's start with biotin, biotin is a natural vitamin that allows for you skin hair and nails to grow. I take 1,000 mcg's everyone morning. 


It's important to mention that I shampoo every other day with any sulfate free shampoo, I'm not too picky about my shampoo,I feel like they all do the same thing. I have learned that with wavy or curly hair you must keep it moisturizered and not having sulfur in your products helps ensure that the moisture isn't being blocked from the hair shaft. Once I week I apply hot oil to my hair for a few hours, generally after straightening it blowing out my hair. This is something I learned from my mother and dreaded when she would chase me around the house with hot oil. At the end of the day it's like they say 'mother knows best'. 

 

Currently I am using Health HairPacs organic hot oil hair treatment from Harmon's beauty supply. I was reluctant to try because of the cheap packaging but am so happy that I looked passed that and tried it out. This stuff is LIFE CHANGING and I swear no one is holding a gun to my back making me tell you guys to purchase this stuff. It's just that good at hydrating and making my hair feel healthy. 


Also before the weekend starts which is generally when I actually take the time out to straighten/blow dry/curl my hair. I like to apply Aussie's 3 minute miracle deep conditioner to my hair. This is my formula to success I hope I was able to be of some help to you guys. Shine bright!!! XOXO

No comments

Powered by Blogger.