Eid Outfit Do's and Don'ts

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hi guys!

This is an outfit my cousin picked up for me in Karachi. The wedges are Kate Spade and the bag is forever 21. I would defiantly put on something like this on Eid. I will be getting into something different because my MIL got me something else. There are so many different styles and designs to choose from I thought I’d help you out.




(My husband loves this pic even though I'd rather not )




There are three principal types of desi clothing that is worn by women during the different occasions of before and during Eid: Lehenga, Salwar Kameez, and a Saree. I personally believe the best option is wearing Salwar Kameez. Salwar Kameez is popular because they fit any body type and very easy to put on. The Kameez (long tunic) is worn with loose or tight-fitting pant. A Salwaar Kameez can be worn without a dupatta, but more often than not, women wear a matching dupatta. I am going to talk about do’s and don’ts of how to style your Eid attire. These are just some of my suggestions to snaz up your outfit either way it’s up to you what you would like to wear because all in all there are no patterns!

Do’s

-Accent you clothing with a cute clutch or easy to wear cross body.


(Chloe crossbody)
-Add a cute pair of heals or sandals.



-Hit up a tailor to nip in your outfit to accentuate the best parts of your body whether it’s your waist or neckline or ankles, whatever it maybe a tailor can help you go a long way.



-Wear materials that are in cohesion with the weather, no need for velvet when its 100 degree out!! 



Don’ts

-Stay away from big tote’s and satchel bags because in the hustle and bustle of the busy day it becomes a drag to carry (and takes away from the outfit).



-No need for sneakers or boots, somethings work only with what they are intended for.



-Try not to be so matchy matchy, explore new colors, prints, textures.



-Don’t forget to have fun!!!



Shine your brightest!!! XOXO

Heera Diaries 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.