Tena Durrani Outfit Post

Thursday, July 23, 2015











Something about the air in Maryland makes me so giddy. I am here in Maryland so I can attend a close friend’s wedding.  Getting to spend quality time with my parents and siblings is a major plus too. I am so eager to share with you guys what I wore to one of the dholki’s. Let me back track and tell you why I was so excited to wear this Tena Durrani ensemble. When I was shopping for my jahez outfits in Pakistan I wanted a few black salwar kameez’s but my mom was strictly against it. Her reasoning for not letting me get anything black was an old wives tale that I would have bad luck in my marriage. I rolled my eyes but reluctantly agreed to any and everything she believed in at the time because I wanted her to be happy before I left to my hubby’s home. I recently bought the Tena Durrani outfit in black after having many lovely and happy years of marriage and hoping for my more iA. I was a fan of her work from afar but never bought anything. She is a great designer, but I didn't have the easiest time communicating with her (something I've noticed a lot with designers from South East Asia). I ended up buying the outfit through a third party vendor. I was lucky enough to pick up with one with an rusty gold neckline, embellished motifs, threadwork dori, and tie dye black and blue duppata. I really enjoyed wearing this to the dholki because it was easy to dance in and the loose material gave me a lot of slack. I paired the outfit with earrings I picked up on broadway in NYC and gold heels from Kate Spade NY. Hope you loved this look as much as I did. Lots of love. Shine your brightest!
Love,

Heera Diaries  

No comments

Powered by Blogger.