Q & A with me Heera Diaries

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hello!!!


A few people asked me if I could do a question and answer session and I thought why not? I love sharing my crazy opinions and ideas with others. A few of my followers (and friends) have asked about style/beauty/fashion related questions that I'm going to answer below:

Thank you Nitasha for your thoughtful question! My biggest fashion influence changes so often because fashion changes so often. I used to fawn over Oliva Palermo and her decadent and classic style but recently I've been feeling someone who has a more youthful style. 

Currently I'm obsessing over Zendaya. Although she's younger than me, I learn a lot from her. I think she embodies what girls today are wearing and she has the style that I could easily see myself wearing. 


Hello, beautiful!!! I like a more natural skin look and want for my face to be enhanced with foundation not covered up. For that reason I usually apply it with clean fingers. When I want a more of a polished look, I use the MAC duo fiber brush 187 because it is easy to use to stipple and blend. 

The foundation I use depends on the season. In the summer I use Makeup Forever HD foundation and in the winter I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I equally love both but the Chanel is a little heavier so it's not comfortable in the hot weather, the HD Makeup Forever doesn't go anywhere even in summer weather though. 




Hello Aliya!!! Thank you for such a good question!! Let's see, I think right now I'm thinking about the fall season and picking up stuff that's good to wear for that season. I was obsessing over the quilted leather moto jacket and sent my sister on a tailspin trying to help me find one while I was in Maryland. We found one finally at H&M. 

I also am obsessing over "hunter green" as aunties like to call it, I think that this is one color that looks good on every skin tone. 


As far as my makeup obsession I'm kinda feeling the whole strobing trend. At first I was put off because of the whole desi mentality of wanting lighter skin but after seeing people like J Lo and Kylie embracing it I grew to like it too.


Hi Rani!!! This question is perfect because of my background knowledge of the industry. I used to work for a t shirt design manufacture that distributed the same clothing to stores like Forever 21 all the way to the other spectrum Versace. Working there I found out the quality and material don't matter because the same two companies sell the same shirts just at different mark ups. So my answer to your question is I'd rather save my money on my clothes and purchase high end accessories instead because a lot of times those handbags and shoes aren't mass produced on the scale that clothing is. 


Hi Anam!!!! Hope your doing well!! My skincare is very simple. It's become even more basic since I started breastfeeding. I'm more cautious of what input into my body because I know it may effect my son. I wash my face with Aveeno foam face wash, apply Aveeno moisturizer with SPF,  and finish off my applying an eye cream such as Keihl's eye cream. At night I use Aveeno again to wash off my makeup and then again with my Clairsonic. Lastly I'll apply Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair. 



Hi Farah!!! What initially inspired me to get started to blog was my husband. He has accomplished so much on his own at such a young age MashaAllah. His ambitious nature is very infectious and he pushed me to pursue blogging. For that I am grateful. He taught me to utilize my talents and interests in a way that produced greater results than what I was doing before. He is my biggest supporter and I keep on swimming for him. I want for him to be as proud of me as I am of him iA. As far as my blogger influences, I completely love WendysLookBook and am heavily influenced and infatuated by Sazan Barzani. 


I really enjoyed the questions you guys had for me. I feel like with every question I was pulling out parts of me that I didn't know existed and I never really thought about it until I started typing this post. Moreover, it felt so nice to get questions from girls that I am actually friends with and know. I love each and everyone of you and am so blessed to have such amazing friends and followers. Remember to shine your brightest.XoXo






No comments

Powered by Blogger.