Monochromatic Black Outfit

Sunday, November 15, 2015

A few years ago I found myself standing in front of my closet and realizing every single article of clothing I owned was black. I subconsciously gravitate towards it without knowing. So I decided nothing I bought henceforth would be black, just to step outside my comfort zone. Flash forward to today, and although not as intense as I see myself unintentionally wearing monochromatic black outfits. Honestly though black is EVERYTHING so why stray? I am going to add more color now that I realized history is repeating itself, but I am also not going to stop myself from wearing things that make me happy. 
I had an awesome day in the city with friends and instead of double dating with them like we used to we had a play date with our kids. The kids enjoyed a day at Chelsea piers and us parents caught a mini break with yummy brunch at Dos Cominios. Subsequently, we started heading home, but my husband's sweet tooth kicked in and we found ourselves at Georgetown Cupcakes. The DMV girl in me happily obliged. 



I wore a loose shift tank, leggings, and a Moto jacket all from Zara. My boots, however, were Nine West. I added layered gold jewelry to add some earth and detail. My bag is the Sicily bag from Dolce and Gabanna. All black everything in my book is perfectly alright. I'll add color in the summer if anything. 




I think with clothes you should mix things up once and a while and wear things that make you happy and at the same time try new things. You never know by trying new things you may see yourself finding other styles that may make you happier. I hope you enjoyed reading my post. 
Remember to shine your brightest!
Xoxo

No comments

Powered by Blogger.