My Mehndi Ceremony

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Our mehndi ceremony was so special for my husband and I. We didn't really have any commitment ceremony such as an engagement or 'baat pakki', so this was the first time we felt something real and concrete. To be completely and utterly honest, out of the three day ceremony this was my favorite look. I still kind of love my dress more than my wedding and valima dress, which says a lot. I am going to talk more about the look as opposed to the ceremony itself. Let’s face it my pictures literally blew up EVERYWHERE!!!!! Literally to this day I get notifications of my pictures being spotted her and there. I should be flattered, but it I felt like a very personal part of me was being taken away. I hated seeing my pictures everywhere, it infuriated me, but I have come to terms with it now. I would like to personally share my pictures without feeling violated in my own space, my own platform, and my own way.


My dress was made by Shakeels in Karachi, but designed by me. I asked to have a flowy anarkaly blinged out with a deep-cut back and front. I wanted to be different than the typical sharmili bride and own this party like it was my own. This is my day and I wanted to look how I thought I looked best. The color was a muted green, with a turquoise and hot pink border. The hot pink I wanted because in my mind I knew I needed a hot pink lip that would accent my hair and paranda. The paranda was up for a lot of debate as well but I knew when everyone saw the hot pink ribbon with everything else they would see how it tied together. My all-time favorite makeup artist Mahwish, who is also a dear friend execute my look to perfection. For her info message me below. Included below are my pictures and mehndi video highlight.

Mehndi Highlights







And
the most infamous picture of them all 

Lots of love. Shine your brightest XOXO

No comments

Powered by Blogger.