Daytime Partywear

Sunday, August 30, 2015


    

    

    

    

     

     


Today I was beyond ecstatic to attend a waleema in the daytime!! Call me old, but I love daytime parties. I enjoy seeing everyone that I need to, and then having extra time afterwards the event so we can do what we want later. I regret not having a daytime event during my marriage ceremony!  Frankly, the earlier the better for me. My husbands friend had his waleema at a venue we frequent, hence I was familiar with the perfect place to capture the beautiful salwar Kameez I wore. If you squint your eyes and zone out the traffic passing by you can almost imagine yourself in a fairy tale land, almost. Okay New Jersey is a far call from any fairytale backdrop, I've encountered, but this location was a close second. 
I had on a long anarkali frock designed by Humayun Saeed collection from way back (2010). I pulled it out of my wardrobe because it's been a while since I wore this and the color looks great in the daytime.  This dress is perfect for barrat and waleema  purposes. The elegant flair of the gold beadwork and pearls along the jamawar portion of the dress in so beautiful. The heavy adorn neckline works great with the lighter chiffon bottom portion of the Kameez. This gracefully matches with the dupatta. Hints of pink along the border tie the piece together. I really don't think he is focusing on his female clothing line anymore because I haven't seen anything besides his movie and production company, but if you do see more from his collection I recommend you buy a piece. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.